- We pride ourselves on providing excellence and efficient service at all times.
- If at any time you have any concerns about the quality of our services, you are invited to let us know as soon as possible in order that we can address your concerns.
- If your concerns cannot be resolved over email or by telephone, we ask that you specify your complaint in detail and in a single, consolidated email or letter, so that we have the opportunity to address it in full.
- We will respond in full to your complaint within eight weeks (usually much sooner) if we have been given sufficient detail to investigate it.
- Clients can complain to the Legal Ombudsman if they are unhappy with our final response to their complaint, or if their complaint has not been dealt with in eight weeks; and
- Clients who have a right to complain to Legal Ombudsman are individuals and, broadly speaking, small businesses and charities.
- The full list of who has a right to complain to Legal Ombudsman is available on their website: http://www.legalombudsman.org.uk/?faqs=who-can-use-our-service.
- You can write to the Legal Ombudsman at:
Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton. WV1 9WJ.
Telephone number: 0300 555 0333
Email: [email protected]
- More information about the Legal Ombudsman is available on their website: http://www.legalombudsman.org.uk/.”
- You must complain to the Legal Ombudsman either within six years of your barrister’s actions/failure to act, or no later than three years after you should reasonably have known there were grounds to complain.
- You must also complain to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of receiving your barrister’s final response to your complaint.
- The decision data on LeO’s website shows providers which received an ombudsman’s decision in the previous 12 months. In each case, the data shows whether LeO required the provider to give the consumer a remedy. The link to the decision data on LeO’s website is http://www.legalombudsman.org.uk/raising-standards/data-and-decisions/#ombudsman- decision-data.
- The link to the Barristers’ Register page on the BSB’s website is https://www.barstandardsboard.org.uk/for-the-public/search-a-barristers-record/the-barristers-register.html.
- The BSB’s Barristers’ Register shows (1) who has a current practising certificate, and (2) whether a barrister has any disciplinary findings, which are published on the Barristers’ Register in accordance with our policy.
- The Barristers’ Register page also links to the BSB’s Entities’ Register and shows which entities are currently authorised by the BSB. ShenSmith Law, which operates in contract with ShenSmith Barristers, is a BSB-authorised Entity (Licensed Body Alternative Business Structure)